Friday, January 7, 2011

Roadtrip

Road-trip are awesome , if you plan it right some amazing things can happen but with all things, there often a few disasters on the way. This time on my little adventure there weren't any disasters as such just mishaps like forgetting a mobile phone, getting lost or packing a luggage way to big for a hatchback car. These little hiccups, were bumps in the road but all in all they made the road trip lovely.

A couple of friends and I decided we need to get out of town and have a little fun and so with a email or two to a local church we scoured a host home for us cash strapped missionaries and headed towards Kanasa our aim the onething Conference by International house of prayer aka IHOP. The conference is based around prayer and aimed for young adults but all are welcome. My friends and I all listen to the live prayer sessions they streams all year round, we all have a heart for intercession. We were just set and excited to go.

I can not tell you how excited and amazed I was at first how my heart sung, seeing all these people who were all about more then onething: Jesus returning, Prayer, People being saved and healed. It blew me away and placed wind in my sails...people were encouraging and there were times for people to pray over each other and the speakers spoke about His love for us and what we need to do to share it and much more but what struck me most was the amazing passion for Jesus as BRIDEGROOM.

I had heard it mentioned, but I had never heard it quite the same way. its not about him being are lovers, boyfriends chum but looking at Jesus as the bridegroom and us as the Bride (church), how he love us, how we should be in a state of yearning for Him. It was new different, good and very real to me.  His our Bridegroom, Our Judge , Our King and that was just more then words to me, it was His character explained in a fresh way to me.

I am thankful for road-trips it gives us time to talk with people, unpack some stuff you felt or learnt on your adventure, it was great because everyday on the way back to the host home we were able to talk and unpack some stuff and it was just another great thing about fellowship, the week flew by and I found myself being in awe of God and wanting to pray and praise him, I would find myself in the 24 hr prayer room seeking God and being filled by Him, through those times I heard God speak about not allowing my feeling or my circumstance dictate to me who I am and the things He says I am. Its the things he has always said that I never spent time to stop and listen to hear.... whilst we brought in the new year at the conference, I knew this was not the end of what God wanted to show me about Himself as the Bridegroom, King, Judge.

So what is God telling you about His character, I would say my friends, ask Him and when he answer commit to really looking deep into his heart, with His word, prayer time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment