Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another Door Opens



Hi Lovely People

This week, has been amazing, after training with my team for three weeks, we jumped into the swing of things it was awesome.  My team consist of Jessica from California , Jonathan from England and Kevin from the state of Main.  We have been setting up our office, studying the word of God and getting in contact with students. Though out the week we have been praying for the school we want to focus our energy, through out the year the school is Judson. This week we had no strong leads but were waiting for out volunteer forms to be processed. Many different connections we were able to meet with the football coach (second most influential person in the school, I was told) and he was so very passionate about us helping his football team but also the student body as a whole. We were invited to observer the FCA (Fellowship Of Christian Athletes), he also wants us to lead FCA and also the team Devotional a couple of times through out the year.  

How Amazing Is That!!!

Coach Rackley also gave us free tickets to out first game at the school.  The game happened yesterday Friday 3rd September. It was crazy how serious the people of the town Converse (Judson area)  take High School Football, it is a serious business.  I most confess I was completely out of my comfort zone and it took me a quite a while to adjust but  that is why I love what I do, because I truly can't do it without  God in His guiding and also the gifts His given me in loving people. I got to speak to some of the students and get a few of them to explain the game, which was great. What was good was talking to them about life getting to know them, interacting with them, so my hope is that I get to meet way more students and that God will give me the right words to say and the right people to sit with.  It was a crazy experience but I totally see this as an area of our Ministry that can really reach students. 


I was so very proud of my team they were interacting with students and getting into the game and all the while I could see just the love they have for students. 

The question I am asking now is what else can we do to invite students with us to games and ultimately become more relational with them? its a new start and things are still getting processed but I know we can still do more to interact with them. 

Praise: 
We have an opening in our school with Coach Rackley, who wants us to get more involved with his team and the school 

Prayer:
More connection with Judson Students and Another great door and advocate in Judson for our team.  


May the Lord of all things bless you, in doing his will in all that you do,  dear friends, showing his kingdom as one that all can enter, once we accept him who loved us first and died for our sins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment