Friday, September 10, 2010

A Sport Game+my testimony= revelation and Great conversation

I am not sure how it got to this.  does that ever cross your mind. I mean going to sports games and hanging with student is one of the many facets of our ministry and sometimes this for my personality type can often make me feel awkward but I have grown to love this more and more, instead of destaining it , my first year was surely filled with those feelings.  Although this happens every once in a while the reason I love it so , is that I can clearly see that God was in charge of the conversation. I had prayed this week for those I had met and would meet at the game tonight.

God heard me and when I arrived a few students I was meant to meet bailed last minute, so I was left to mingle with student that may have seen me as weird but that was not the case, I met some new students, which was great because it was all very natural. I was also able to speak to a girl I met the week before, needless to say while watching half time entertainment. I just asked her about her week and a crazy relationship dilemma she had mentioned last week and if it was resolved or not. BANG.....
through conversation,  this girl had just opened up so much,   she had come to a conclusion from a small silly chat we had the week before on the bleachers . God did that, God used the awkward moments....

How crazy is that? I mean, I didn't know what God was going to do, I mean from a surface point of view it was boyfriend trouble but it was so much more and then even I could have guessed. We moved into my testimony and why I joined Pais and she just poured her heart and confusion out, God gave me that willingness and a understanding ear.

It maybe just going to a game but man, the things God can do, is beyond an limit I could imagine.


My prayer is that I have more divine appointments, like tonight, that I would be able to shed His light on place in students heart that He wants to enter.

I am reminded of Zechariah 4: 6 Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty
God is just so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment