Monday, November 22, 2010

What Do I Do?

I want to be honest, it is a very lonely place doing what I do. its lonely because I forget who I am serving, its lonely because I look at things from people at home and I am not there anymore., It is lonely and the reason why I feel this way its the time of the year. Thanksgiving is coming and Christmas soon after that. I feel this way because for three years I haven't been able to be with my own family, in my own bed with my OWN.....


It seems to be a running theme with me lately. I wonder what shall I do? I can walk around with the woe is me attitude or I can make a choice. I need to make a choice to trust Him even through I have no clue of why or what is going on.....


I went to a conference retreat thing with Pais last week and I was reminded of a word called Kavanah it means the Gods presence and purpose in actions that we have. Its Hebraic, the jewish people strive to allow God in every action, task,  choice we make..... I don't know what happened but it stroke a cord with me. Have I been living a life of no kavanah? the answer was not a pretty one. 


My question is have you been living a life with out thinking of God's presence and purpose?


I think many of us Christ followers live a life that seems pleasing to Him but once again we use our perspective..God is asking me you seek my thoughts, my wisdoms, my knowledge not your own and you will live a true life..






What Do I do? well I keep on trying, I keep on seek Him and along the way I will trip and fail but I should still keep on going, because to not try is to not live a life that my Fahter God died for..

1 comment:

  1. Oh how this post spoke to me.

    "My question is have you been living a life with out thinking of God's presence and purpose?"

    Honestly? Yes. I like to *think* that I keep God at the centre but so often I let my emotions drag me here there and everywhere, forgetting that my sole purpose in life is to glorify Him.

    I've come to realise (and I know this isn't some amazing revelation) that it's a one-day-at-a-time thing. I don't think I will ever escape the pull of my emotions. But the more I seek Him, read His word and reach out to others, the better I will get at distinguishing between what is real and what is mere feeling.

    ReplyDelete