Thursday, October 21, 2010

More then I Could Have Asked For

Yesterday I woke up at 6 am to get ready and meet with some of my student before school for some lovely Mexican style breakfast. it so happened that this very day, all my boss from Pais the ministry, I work with... were coming for a visit, I knew this day was going to be quite an eventful at least at breakfast any way.

 Note to self: Why do we forget that God desire so much to be part of everything we do, I forget this clear truth more then I would like even through I work on the mission field and on another random insight of my mind thought:

I wonder if the people in the bible knew that the days that seemed a little be less then ordinary were actually going to be woven into this amazing God story.

We had ten students show up and it was great to see church kids, none church kids mix and chat laugh and relax with one another and as I looked across the table of the many young face that we so desperately want to show the kingdom to...it hit me , we are sharing the kingdom right now, with love, joy and fellowship and I knew that God was with us in that moment with out kids before school on this warm San Antonio morning.

The day continued back at the church and it was great seeing our boss hear our morning devotional and once it ended, we had our assessment and it wasn't what I thought it would be it was a word of encouragement. We as the Judson team have not been able to get into the Judson High school due to complications of the school district and tho we have tried to get the wheels turning it hasn't worked for us. As they left, we prayed together, within that pray was just a plea to God to let us in....

We decided with our youth pastor to go to the school that very day to see if we could somehow make an effort to at least get on the volunteer list of the school. I went with our youth pastor  but could not go in due to the lack of id and so while I waited for a while and prayed, my team decided to also leave the office and pray on site while our youth pastor was in the school. I really felt God wanted me to press into  prayer while the meeting was going on and after two hours of waiting,  he came out. We went to meet the team and he told us this...

" Next week monday we will be having a private orientation on the campus that will help us become volunteers at the school" not only that but the head councillor was so excited to have people who would be able to  help serve the school that she told our youth pastor Taylor that we could help tutoring, lunch and after school clubs....

It was more then I could ever ask for or pray for, it was totally God ordained and I was just speechless. I had been sick for weeks and just a little low, hopeful but still low in my body and mind and God is like the time is now.

I am so in awe of how God works and I am so thankful that we His children get to see this everyday. How crazy is that He has chosen us to know him and that he invited us to share in his amazing God woven story.

I am reminded that he desire us to take this invitation and run with it and I love that its never to later to do so, never to late at all to join His story

No comments:

Post a Comment