Saturday, October 30, 2010

Another story of God Moving with our students..

I always try and bring students into my life, even when for some reason they may feel overwhelmed or think it totally random. So this is just a little insight to what happened when I invite a student to come along with me to a community gathering.


my week was totally crazy but I thought I need to make a big effort in attending study. So I attend on a bi-weekly basis to this particular  community group that studies the word together every week and quite a few of our students go to this group, to hang out and to hear what God is saying...

I thought while I was hanging with my student in the afternoon, that she could come with me and  what an evening, first of she was on her phone and although I was going to tell her not to God said 'wait' and  then when we started to look at the bible I decided to share my bible with her.  She looked at me in shock and said I can't read the bible and I was double shocked, God said "you needed help once too, be gentle".... you this particular student had been baptized the week before and a month before that had made a commitment to the Lord at the Sliver Ring Thing (purety commitment for saving herself for marriage), you see it was the fact that this student did all these things that shocked me but in that moment it was clear this student was leaning forward to God but she had no one leading her closer in heart and deed, it was just the deed....It was a shock but a encouragement, as God confirmed the reason why I do what I do but also why I was in San Antonio for students like this bright lovely girl. 

Later on: 
A lady that the host of the study knew stepped forward in desperate need for prayer. This woman was asking God for help and wanted to figure out how she could forgive herself, she felt like she could never be forgiven or loved by Him, once the prayer was over I looked over at my student who God lead me to invite and I could tell she was moved but something had changed. You see the faith she was doing all these christ like acts for was now become very really.

The night was wrapping up and my student heading for the door, I wanted to speak to her before she left and the conversations was great, I challenged her to not let this night pass by and if she wanted to be serious about the word we could get together and figure the Word of God out. She was very ready to take the next step...

Thank you God, That I have no clue what works you have in store for us, that you can take a simple invitation to open the doors to someone heart. Bless my student, help me to lead her and may all of take the chance again and again to invite people into your kingdom whether its inviting someone to bible study or buying someone a soda...helps Lord to do that and more.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this encouraging post. It beautifully illustrated how obeying God and taking one simple step can make such a difference. It's also a sober reminder that so many young people do "Christian" things in the heat of the moment, based on pure emotion, without realising what it's all about. Praise God for big sisters like you who can guide them onto the narrow path x

    ReplyDelete