Monday, September 26, 2011

The Wheel's are turning...

Dearest Friends,

What a month it has been for me, the teams are now on the ground and running towards the goal of spreading the gospel and Christ love for His creation, it truly is a site to see...

But with all this hassle and bussle of things, I see how God is humbling me but also making me into a person of more Character then I ever thought possible. I am not boasting here I am boasting of my weakness but it is Him that is giving me the wise words and plans to lead the teams.

This semester I was given a challenge to connect with the Director of Personnel for Arlington ISD (School governing body) and once I connect with the director work with him to find a way to get the international Pais' into the volunteer system aka allowing them to visit students who are part of the local church they lead in and also make connection with teachers who would allow them to teach in the class rooms.

It was crazy but through prayer and persistence, we finally got an answer that was simple and easy but it had been a problem for years but God's favour was upon us and we finally have it resolved.

Building the youth group:
Our youth group is very small and our challenge as soon as we got to town was laying foundations for the youth to grow . We decided to bring in an holistic model to get the students to discover there faith, pursue it . Which basically means that the students each week would have a different experience: 1- wk it would be pray and worship, 2-wk Bible Study, 3- service project//serve the community 4-fellowship.

The students have just gone through the first month of the model and already we have seen 4 students who's family are apart of the church get connect and regularly attend Wednesday night youth group.

PRAISE GOD !!!!  These students who were outsiders are now becoming people who belong not because of there parents but because of there desire placed in them by God. 


We are seeing students wanting to serve the church , family, community when before they had no avenues to do so..

This Month my personal aim was to connect with girl students that seemed quite distant  in the youth group:
One particular girl, seemed very standoffish towards me and  the team and it just seem very upset by our present but once again, I really felt that I need to make it a point to connect with her and we finally got to talk this week, she seemed very open to me once I started to talk about she was into and her busy school life. So my hope is to see her in a play next month. GOD is so good, I have no clue why she was upset the past few weeks I tried to talk to her, I don't know why she doesn't want to join or like youth group but God made a way for me to talk with her ....My hope and desire is to pursue more time with her and actually get her more connected with the church.

It is a big shock to me that people can come to the church for many year but not want to be connected to the Body and I know God has put this girl in my path to really show her the love, joy and peace God has for his people who fellowship with other people and my fear is that many students do this and walk away from the church because they never experience Gods amazing community... God Community is such an amazing place to understand more about God, His love and who we are as people..

Finally I need to tell you about our first girly hangout :
 it was GREAT...The typical girl stuff occurred, dance generation was played on the wii, junk food and loads of giggles but as we settled down to sleep I was able to talk with one of the girls I hope to mentor this year. Through all the random stories of life, she began to share her heart and the hardship that she had gone through this pass 3 yrs and I was once again blown away by God's divine skill to drawn people together.
I met this girl 3 wks ago and was instantly was  drawn to her.... Although I felt this girl seemed to have it all together and it didn't seem to want or needed a mentor, I had no idea that what she was about to reveal to me, teenage heartbreak, misunderstanding and so much more,  it just broke my heart...

While in the mist of all the heartbreak this girl had experienced I was touched because I heard how God had restored her, brought her out of darkness and the journey of how God was and is restoring her, How much it reminded me of my own teenage years and how much now more then ever I see that God was always with me, watching, waiting yearning for me to call upon Him and how He still is for theses teenagers today ....

It will always amaze me that while I am trying to minister to others they are being used by God to minister to me, it wasn't just another conversation with a teen girl, it was an honour, a privilege to see  the amazingness of God through her testimony....



Thank you so much for your support, Friendship and time for reading this....it doesn't go unwanted please continue  to keep us in pray as a team and for me in leading and guiding these missionaries who are making the generation of missionaries.

If you would like to pass this on to others please do....

Peace and Grace

Love
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment